WHAT IS A MEDICAL PEDICURE?
A medical pedicure is a non-invasive, dry procedure performed by highly skilled foot care specialists who combine podiatry with nail care. Guaranteed to be safe and hygienic, it addresses issues such as:
- Athlete’s foot
- Dry, cracked heels
- Ingrown/overgrown toenails
- Nail discoloration
WHO COULD BENEFIT MOST FROM A MEDICAL PEDICURE?
We think everyone would be better off with a medical pedicure. Why not treat those feet that work so hard for you everyday? For those of you whose feet are part of your work (or workout) equipment, you should take care of them as such. Medical pedicures are crucial for:
- Diabetic patients
- Arthritis sufferers
- Ballet and other dance professionals
- Doctors and nurses
- Actors and performers (Broadway? We’ve got you!)
- Wait staff and bartenders
- Construction workers
- Postal workers
- Police officers
- Fitness pros
- People who wear high heels daily
- Anyone self-conscious about their feet
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN A MEDICAL PEDICURE?
The Medical Pedicure is a procedure performed by our licensed nail technician, the first half an hr she would do an evaluation on your feet, deep cleaning your toe nails, remove (if necessary) calluses, corns and ingrown nails, in the last half an hour the task of finishing the cleaning of your feet would be given to one of our technicians on the team. The Process last 35 minutes to 1 hr depending on the condition of the feet.
The therapeutic care of your feet includes:
- A full assessment and consultation on the condition of feet, skin and toenails
- Extensive cleaning and cleansing
- Sanding, buffing and shaping of the nails to remove dead cells and achieve maximum comfort
- Removal of dead skin and buffing of the feet
- Removal of blisters, corns and ingrown toenails
- Smoothing out of calluses and dry, cracked heels
- Restoration of natural toenail color, if necessary
- Application of nail polish, if requested (Must bring your own)
Note: We do not massage your feet and we don´t use water to perform the cleaning.
WHAT IS YOUR STANDARD FOR HYGIENE?
All equipment goes through autoclave sterilization preventing the spread of germs, fungus and diseases.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AT HOME TO IMPROVE THE CONDITION OF YOUR FEET?
During your medical pedicure at Newtown Comprehensive Foot Care, our licensed nail technician counsels you on proper foot care. They may teach you the right way to cut your toenails or advise you on the best footwear.
If you have issues with your feet, such as fungal infections or odor, they discuss methods for eliminating them. If you have diabetes or neuropathy in your feet, your doctor explains the importance of daily foot checks to ensure your feet stay healthy and safe.
They may also recommend specific products to help with any foot ailments you currently have, including calluses, dry skin, or bunions.